Each and every year, Family Fun Month is celebrated throughout the entire month of August. It’s the perfect opportunity for many families to enjoy each other company, while engaging in fun-filled activities.
Fortunately, summer is a perfect time of the year where you can partake in several fun activities with your entire family. Family Fun Month is a wonderful time to take advantage of enjoying your families company, while bonding over whatever activity you all choose to partake in. To help you out, I’ve compiled a list so you can get an idea of what sort of fun you can have with your family this summer!
- Order pizza and watch a movie in your backyard.
- Take a trip to the beach and collect sea shells.
- Take a day trip to the zoo to learn about the animals.
- Go on a camping trip to a new and exciting place.
- Learn about stargazing and then try to identify as many constellations as you can.
- Pretend to be pirates for a day. Dress up, plan a treasure hunt and talk like a pirate.
- Throw a backyard luau with family and friends.
- Have a themed karaoke night.
- Cook a delicious meal together.
- Bake cookies to make ice cream sandwiches.
- Have a little picnic at your local state park.
- Take a family bike ride.
- Go hiking in your local national forest.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Take a family vacation to somewhere new.
- Have a talent show night.
- Take a fishing trip.
- Enjoy a backyard campfire and tell ghost stories.
- Build a fort in your backyard.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter or nature center.
There’s plenty of ways to enjoy Family Fun Month, so don’t let this summer slip by without spending some fun filled quality time with your family. You can create a bucket list out of a few of these ideas, and even add a few of your very own as well. Make this one of the most memorable summers, so your children remember it their entire lifetime!
We here at Simple Acts of Care and Kindness want both you and your entire family to make the most of your summer! To learn more about Simple Acts of Care and Kindness, contact us at 866-459-7225 today. Or visit www.simpleacts.org to learn more about the S.A.C.K. foundation.